1. Tell us how you worked with Reach Higher Montana?
I attended the A Step Ahead Summit in 2014 then came back as a Team Leader for the 2015 session. I was also able to represent Montana as a Foster Care All Star for the 2015 summer training. This means I use my new skills from the All Star training to be an advocate for Montana foster care youths.
2. How did you learn about the services available from Reach Higher Montana?
My Foster Care Independent Living Provider in Butte told me about the Summit and the Education and Training Vouchers (ETVs).
3. How has working with Reach Higher Montana impacted the choices you have made?
Reach Higher Montana has helped me with my leadership skills. They helped me along the path to being a leader. The Summit has improved my confidence in college. The All Stars program improved my public speaking skills and I am now more inclined to volunteer, do presentations, panels, etc.
4. How has Reach Higher Montana helped you succeed in college or as you start your career?
The Education and Training Vouchers (ETVs) disbursed by Reach Higher Montana has helped me financially with college expenses. The Summit helps me succeed in my presentations in my classes for my mechanical engineering degree.
5. Talk about a person you have worked with at Reach Higher Montana who has made a difference for you.
Schylar Canfield-Baber has been a great mentor for me in many ways. He got me involved in the Montana Youth Advisory Board and the All Stars program. The All Stars provided me with an amazing opportunity to intern for Foster Club. I learned so much! I have been able to assist in empowering the youth that are currently growing up in foster care. I am a $7000 Horatio Alger scholarship recipient and I attended scholarship training at the Summit.